5 Day Namaqualand Flower Tour Dates:
2013 Tour dates:
19 – 23 August 2013 – Sorry, already fully booked!
25 – 29 August 2013 – Sorry, already fully booked!
Hightlights of this tour:
- Depart from Stellenbosch/Cape Town/Airport
- Lunch Clanwilliam - visit Ramskop Garden
- Sleep Melkboomsdrift – farm accommodation outside Vredendal
- Depart early – travel via the spectacular Van Rhyns Pass to Niewoudtville
- Visit the flower farms Biekoes and/or Matjiesfontein
- Lunch will be a picnic wherever the flowers are the best
- 15:00 Depart and travel all the way to Springbok
- Sleep Olive Tree Guesthouse, Springbok – dinner in the guesthouse
- Visit Nababeep Mine Museum – enjoy the most spectacular flower display
- Visit Guchab Nature Reserve/Hester Malan Garden
- Lunch: Picnic out in the veld
- If time allows, we visit Concordia to enjoy the rare rock formation of the Orbicular “Koppie”
- Dinner and accommodation: Olive tree Guesthouse
- Visit Namaqua National Park (Skilpad) – this could be the highlight of the tour
- Travel south with a stop in Garies enjoy a cup of tea in the popular farm stall run by Sonja and her team. What an experience!
- Enjoy and relax the afternoon on the farm Melkboomsdrift
- Dinner on the farm
- Early birds! We travel via Clanwilliam, the Pakhuis Pass down into the Biedouw Valley
- OR visit West Coast – West Coast Natinal Park.
- Late lunch in Clanwilliam
- Back to Cape Town/Stellenbosch
Price per person sharing: R6.250 – all inclusive, except drinks
Single Supplement: R1.800
We go where the flowers are the best! We reserve the right to change our route according to the weather/road conditions and most important: the flower display.
Please note: Our transfers depart from Stellenbosch and Cape Town
Pick up point: We pick you up on your doorstep if you are in the Stellenbosch, Somerset-West or Cape Town area
Coming from far away? – either by car or by plane: We pick you up at the airport or if you wish to arrive one day earlier to enjoy Stellenbosch, we can arrange beautiful accommodation for you – all walking distance from shops and restaurants. Please contact us with your special requests – we are there to make this holiday ...a HAPPY HOLIDAY!